SLUstainablity ExpoEvent Details: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., October 24, Center for Global Citizenship
The SLUstainablity Expo will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 24, at the Center for Global Citizenship. Highlights of the expo will include information about alternative transportation options and energy, sustainability organizations, contractors that worked on the construction of the Center for Global Citizenship and campus partners such as food suppliers, office suppliers, campus departments and student groups.
Prizes and raffles will be given away for those that attend as well as provide survey feedback upon leaving.
The list of vendors includes:
- Big Shark: The bicycle company will offer basic tune-ups free of charge for students and will also host a demonstration on how to change a flat tire.
- Facilities Services: Waste minimization tips and how to recycle on campus will be discussed by Facilities Services.
- Food Service Vendors: Various vendors will provide snacks and treats.
Special presentations to be held throughout the day at the expo will include:
- Center for Sustainability will present "Basics of Sustainability" at 10:30 a.m.
- McCarthy and Fox Architects will present "Life of the Project" at 11:15 a.m.
- St. Louis Green will present "State of Sustainability in St. Louis" at 1 p.m.