The Student Government Association will host a dialogue series that will take place at 7 p.m. each weeknight from Nov. 28 to Dec. 8 in the Cross Cultural Center.
This series comes from the belief that there is no issue too large that cannot be addressed when people gather and discuss in a safe and honest environment. All are encouraged to attend as many dialogues as possible.
Dialogue topics and dates are:
- Oppression Across Cultures, Nov. 28 (SLU Solidarity With Palestine, SLU Jews, and SLU NAACP)
- Immigration Through the Ages and Faces, Nov. 29 (International Student Federation, Irish-American Student Guild, Hispanic American Leadership Organization, Italian Club, Filipino Student Association, and Asian American Association)
- Causes of AIDS in Developing Countries, Nov. 30 (Indian Student Association and Keep A Child Alive)
- Save the Blue Planet, Dec. 1 (Just Earth and OneWorld)
- Parenthood as a Student, Dec. 5 (Students for Life and UNA)
- U.S. and Korea: Race and Culture in the 21st Century, Dec. 6 (Korean Student Association and Political Round Table
- The Impact of Culture on Coming Out, Dec. 7 (Black Student Alliance, Students United for Africa, and Rainbow Alliance)
- Interfaith Service in STL, Dec. 8 (United Way, Alpha Phi Omega, Muslim Students' Association, Knights of Columbus, InterFaith Alliance, and Hindu Students Community)