‘Blackboard to Backboard’Event Details: 10:30 a.m., January 15, Chaifetz Arena, 1 S. Compton Ave., St. Louis, MO, 63103
Join alumni and faculty members at the "Blackboard to Backboard" event at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 15, at Chaifetz Arena to learn how SLU is incorporating the latest trends in sports medicine to help prepare athletes for success.
Then cheer on the Billikens as the men's basketball team takes on Saint Joseph's University.
The event will include a private tour of the athletic training room and the strength and conditioning facility in the arena, presentations by Doisy College of Health Sciences' faculty members, lunch and a ticket to the game.
- "Returning to sport after injury: When is the athlete ready?" by Jason Bennett P.T., S.C.S., A.T.C.
- "'Wheezing': Is this exercise induced asthma or something else?" by Kitty Newsham Ph.D., A.T.C.
- "Fuel your sport: The importance of nutrition education for athletes" by Jamie Joyner R.D., L.D.
- 10:30 a.m. tour and program
- 1 p.m. tip-off
- Enter the arena through the VIP entrance located on the west side of the building, adjacent to the Fred Weber Inc. parking lot.
Cost: $10 per person
Tickets to the game will be distributed during the program portion of the event.
R.S.V.P. by Friday, Jan. 7. Register at alumni.slu.edu/dchschaifetz
Limited spots are available for this event!
Those already with game tickets can register for the program and lunch portion of the event for $5 per person.
For more information, contact Melissa Weaver at (314) 977-7825 or firstname.lastname@example.org.