Resetting Your Password
You can't get in your account? Follow these steps to get your password changed.
Steps to Change Your Password
So you're having trouble accessing your account. The most common reason is a forgotten password or locked out of your account for too many attempts. It's not a problem at all to correct this, but it does involve a little work to do so.
In both instances you'll need to reset your password with Saint Louis University's Information and Technology Service Division.
Follow these steps to reset your password:
- Prior to logging in to either mySLU or Banner you must change your password at password.slu.edu
- Once at password.slu.edu enter your SLUnet username and default password and click Sign In
- SLUnet username: If unknown, obtain from the high school 1818 ACC Coordinator
- Default password convention: Idxxxxxx (I.e. Id123456 - after Id are the last six digits of a student Banner Id number)
- On the next page fill out the fields as follows below and click "Change Password."
- Current Password Field: Enter your default password from Step 2
- New Password Field: Create a new password following the guideline on the page
- Verify Password Field: Re-enter your new password in the field
- If you still have issues, please contact SLU's IT Help Desk at (314) 977-4000 option 2. If successfully, be sure to "Sign Out."