- Visiting Young Scholars Program
Returning Scholar Registration Process
You're already in the VYS Program. Just follow these steps to register!
Returning Scholar Registration
Returning Visiting Young Scholars are students who have already completed a semester in the program and are in good standing.
These returning scholars do not need to re-submit all application materials after their initial semester, but will need to fill do the following:
- Review the 100-200 level Course Catalog offerings for the current semester they are applying for, and record all course information to include on their application.
- Please note: Visiting Young Scholars are only allowed to take 11 credit hours total per semester.
- Complete the Visiting Young Scholars' Application.
- Return the Visiting Young Scholars' Application to the 1818 ACC Program office via:
- Fax: (314) 977-7160
- Email:firstname.lastname@example.org w/ the subject VYS Application and addressed to the 1818 ACC Program Assistant Director
Review and Placement into Courses
Once you have completed your application and submitted it to the 1818 Advanced College Credit Program office, the following steps occur to complete your registration:
- The 1818 ACC Program staff will seek written approval from each instructor of the courses you have indicated wishing to enroll in.
- If the instructor(s) grant written approval the 1818 ACC Director will review the letters.
- If the 1818 ACC Director grants approval of enrollment upon the review of the letters, the application and supporting documents is sent to the College of Arts and Sciences Dean for final approval.
If at any point the instructor, 1818 ACC Director, or Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences denies the request, the newly accepted scholar will be contacted to research additional courses they may wish to seek enrollment in.