- Visiting Young Scholars Program
VYS Tuition and Benefits
VYS offers high schools students so much for a great reduced tuition rate!
The Visiting Young Scholars Program is designed to support exceptional high school students in the continuing academic, social, psychological and spiritual growth the college experience provides, on an aesthetically appealing campus in a culturally diverse community.
Tangible student benefits include:
- Reduced tuition rate for Saint Louis University undergraduate courses
- Saint Louis University transcript
- Course work applicable toward a degree at Saint Louis University upon acceptance as a full time student
- Course work transferable to other colleges and universities
- Studying college level topics with full time SLU undergraduate students
- Studying at a nationally ranked university on a modern urban campus
- A sample of what the college experience is like
- Access to campus libraries, computer labs, museums, athletic activities, and various social and cultural events.
Please note that determination of VYS courses counting toward high school graduation is at the discretion of the high school administration.
Visiting Young Scholars enroll as a non-matriculating visiting student at Saint Louis University.
Tuition and Cost
The non-matriculating status allows scholars to enroll in courses for which they have met SLU prerequisites on a space available basis at a reduced tuition rate.
- The 2013-2014 tuition rate is $350 per credit hour.
- Visiting Young Scholars should expect to pay the same lab fees as full-time matriculated students, as appropriate.
- Visiting Young Scholars are allowed to enroll in 11 credit hours total per semester.