SLU Hosts E-Waste Collection Drive Friday, March 1Event Details: 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., March 01
Start your spring cleaning early by recycling unused electronics and appliances at the Saint Louis University 2013 E-Waste Collection Drive from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, March 1.
Items can be dropped off at the Fred Weber Parking Lot adjacent to Chaifetz Arena, 1 S. Compton Avenue. Accepted items include:
- Computer: Servers, desktop PCs, laptops, netbooks, Macs, tablets, keyboards, mice, speakers, modems, routers, cables, software and all other components and accessories.
- Video and Photography: Blu-Ray players and discs, HD-DVD players and discs, DVD players and discs, Laserdisc players and discs, VHS players, Betamax players, DVRs, cable and satellite receivers, and digital and film cameras.
- Audio: Receivers, amplifiers, speakers, MP3 players, CD and cassette players, 8-track players, boomboxes, microphones, mixers and rack equipment.
- Office: Printers, copiers, projectors, scanners, faxes, ink and toner cartridges, shredders and paper joggers.
- Gaming: Consoles, hand-held systems, games, controllers, headsets and all accessories.
- Phone: All phones and accessories.
- All appliances, large and small (blenders to refrigerators, stoves/microwaves, washers/dryers, water heaters or dishwashers) can be recycled. Facilities Services is certified for Freon removal.
The drive is sponsored by SLU's Facilities Services Division in partnership with the Midwest Recycling Center and is part of the University's SLUstainability program in conjunction with the 2013 RecycleMania competition (an intercollegiate recycling competition between regional and national colleges and universities). Student athletes also will be volunteering to help unload donations. Last year, 48,791 lbs or 24 tons of electronics equipment was collected.