In recognition of the American Bar Association's Mental Health Day, the School of Law's Student Bar Association will host a Student Wellness Symposium from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 27, William H. Kniep Courtroom in Morrissey Hall to shed light on the mental health issues students face and the methods of safely dealing with those issues. Included in the event is an impressive list of speakers, as well as chair massages and a chance to win Cardinals tickets.
Here's the day's schedule of events:
- 8 a.m.: Welcome by the Hon. James M. Radcliffe, Illinois Lawyers Assistance Program
- 9 a.m.: Jane Rubin, M.Ed,; "The Real Skinny: Eating Disorder, Clayton Behavioral"
- 10 a.m.: Steve Ryals, adjunct professor and master yoga instructor; "Yoga and Spirituality"
- 11 a.m.: Mark Stafford, M.D., Bradford Health; "Keeping Your Life in Balance"
- Noon: Speaker Lunch; Ann Chambers, Missouri Lawyers Assistance Program
- 12:30 p.m.: Phil Scherer, Problem and Compulsive Gambling, Illinois Institute for Addiction Recovery; "It's Not about the Money,"
- 1:30 p.m.: John Lesko, J.D., UFShands - Florida Recovery Center; "Wellness and Law: Not Mutually Exclusive"
- 2:30 p.m.: Tom and Kevin Smith, Karla Smith Foundation; "The Missing 10 Minutes that Become Our New Normal"
- 3:30 p.m.: Wrap up
From 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. there will be chair massages provided by Healing Arts Center. Attendance to each session gives you a chance to win:
- Four Field Box Tickets
- Four Cardinal Club Passes (for dining only)
- On-field Visit during Batting Practice
- 2013 Regular Season Date (Monday through Thursday) to be mutually agreed upon (excluding Opening Day and Cubs dates)