Distinguished Teaching Awards CeremonyEvent Details: 12:00 p.m., April 25, Learning Resources Center
The School of Medicine Distinguished Teaching Awards Ceremony will be held at noon Monday, April 25, in Learning Resources Center rooms 112 and 113.
Light refreshments will be served following the ceremony.
This year's nominations have exceeded past years, as faculty efforts to provide excellent teaching have been noticed.
Please schedule time to join the celebration and to show support for the faculty who will be honored.
- Thomas C. Westfall, Ph.D., department of pharmacological and physiological sciences for presentation skills (pre-clinical)
- Paul G. Schmitz, M.D., department of internal medicine for presentation skills (clinical)
- Elizabeth Sugarbaker, M.D., department of pediatrics for clinical teaching
- William S. Sly, M.D., department of biochemistry and molecular biology for small group facilitation (pre-clinical)
- Gillian S. Stephens, M.D., department of family and community medicine for small group facilitation (clinical)
- Fred W. Rottnek, M.D., department of family and community medicine for humanism (clinical)
- Stuart J. Slavin, M.D., MEd, Office of Curricular Affairs for humanism (pre-clinical)
- Gregory S. Smith, Ph.D., department of surgery for humanism (pre-clinical)