In an effort to promote Earth Day awareness, the Departments of Athletics, Facilities Services and Midwest Recycling have teamed up to offer a free* electronics/appliance recycling drive for the university community.
So much more than aluminum and paper can be recycled.
Let's keep it out of the landfills.
About the Recycling Drive:
Tuesday April 26
Fred Weber parking lot (next to Chaifetz Arena)
7 a.m.-2 p.m.
Recycled items can be brought from home or the office.
Staff will be on hand to unload your items. Drive up to the truck and your job is over.
What is Accepted:
We recycle all electronics, functional or broken anything with an electric cord.
*Televisions and computer monitors are recyclable for a small fee. $10 for monitors, $15 for TVs.
All other recycling is free.
Here are a few examples:
- Computer: servers; desktop PCs; laptops; netbooks; Macs; tablets; keyboards; mics; speakers; modems; routers; cables; software; all components and accessories
- Video & Photography: Blu-ray; HD DVD; DVD; laserdisc; VHS; Betamax; DVRs; cable and satellite receivers; digital and film cameras
- Audio: receivers; amplifiers; speakers; MP3; CD; cassette; vinyl; 8-track; boomboxes; microphones; mixers; rack equipment; DAW
- Office: printers; copiers; scanners; faxes; ink and toner cartridges; shredders; paper joggers
- Gaming: consoles; hand held systems; games; controllers; headsets; all accessories
- Phone: all phones and accessories
We recycle all appliances, large and small (blenders to refrigerators). We are certified for Freon removal. Appliance recycling is free.
- Water Heaters