Four Saint Louis University students, along with students from Washington University and Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, will be recognized at the U.S. Air Force ROTC Detachment 207 Spring Commissioning Ceremony at noon Friday, May 17, in the multipurpose room at the Allied Health Professions Building.
The ceremony will include an address by Lieutenant General Darren McDew, USAF Commander, 18th Air Force, at Scot Air Force Base in Illinois,
The students being commissioned, who will begin their first duty assignments in the fields noted in parenthesis, include:
- 2nd Lt. Ahryll McKeller: BS, Nursing, SIUE (Nursing)
- 2nd Lt. Brendan Morin: BS, Chemistry with a concentration in Biochemistry, Washington University (Space Operations)
- 2nd Lt. Cameron Petrie: BS, Exercise Physiology/Geography; MS, Exercise Physiology, SIUE (Pilot)
- 2nd Lt. Michael Polito: BS, Flight Science with a minor in Air Traffic Control, Saint Louis University (Pilot)
- 2nd Lt. Kileigh Rousey: BS, Aviation with a minor in Flight Science and Air Traffic Control, and a Pre-Law Scholar, Saint Louis University (Pilot)
- 2nd Lt. Sarah Shewell: BS, Mechanical Engineering, Washington University (Developmental Engineering)
- 2nd Lt. Matthew Thampy: BS, Political Science, Saint Louis University (Space Operations)
- 2nd Lt. Jason Dorn: BS, Mechanical Engineering, Washington University (Pilot)
- 2nd Lt. Austin Gaionr: BS, Business Management, SIUE (Combat Systems Officer)
- 2nd Lt. Jack Lynn: BS, Political Science, Russian Language and International Studies, Saint Louis University (Intelligence)
For additional information, contact Lt. Col. Michael Bamber, U.S. Army (Ret), Program Director for Military Outreach at SLU, at (314) 977-3425 or firstname.lastname@example.org.