- Charter Schools
- SLU Sponsored Charter Schools
- Commitment to Urban Community Education
- What are Charter Schools?
- What is a Charter School Sponsor?
- Why Sponsor a Charter School?
- Impact of Charter Schools on Other St. Louis Area Schools
- Who is Involved in Sponsorship Activities?
- Charter School Sponsorship Faculty Grant Program
- Get Involved with Charter Schools
Who is Involved in Sponsorship Activities?
The Office of Academic Affairs has assumed responsibility for coordination and oversight of sponsorship. Academic Affairs' Office staff and participating faculty will liaison among charter school leaders and teachers; local, regional and national charter school resources; and Saint Louis University deans, department chairs, and other faculty and staff.
Martha McGeehon, M.S.W, is SLU's Director of Charter School Sponsorship, and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional faculty and staff interested in serving as Charter School Oversight Committee members and/or consultants to the Committee are enthusiastically welcomed.
The faculty and staff's expertise -- both directly with K-12 education and within the disciplines informing the social, cultural, economic and political arenas that so dramatically impact the effectiveness of elementary and secondary education - enable Saint Louis University to provide comprehensive sponsorship support to its schools.