Online Writing Consultations
Current wait time: 1 to 2 business days*
(*Excludes weekends and University holidays.)
Online writing consultations are available to the following :
- SLU athletes who are on the road
- School for Professional Studies undergraduate students
- Undergraduate students in online programs, internships or clinical rotations in the Colleges of Health Sciences and Public Health
How does it work?
Submission requires a two-step process:
1) Complete the submission form (see above link).
2) Send your paper via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please save your file in doc or docx format.
After these two steps are completed, an online writing consultant will email your work back to you with comments and a brief note. Before you submit your work, be sure the current wait time listed above fits your timeline for finishing the project. Please note that you don't need a completed draft to use this service. We are happy to look at partial drafts, outlines or prewriting and give you suggestions for developing your ideas.
The nature of our feedback
Since we respect your ownership of your writing and your ideas, we don't "fix" or proofread papers. Instead, we act as an expert audience, responding to your specific concerns about the project; as a set of fresh eyes, we may find things that you missed. Depending on the kind of feedback you request, we might ask questions or point out areas you could clarify, condense or expand. We might also identify recurring problems with grammar or punctuation and point you to resources that explain how to correct them; then it's your job to locate the errors and make corrections.
Ready for an online consultation? Go to the submission form at the top of this page. Then, send us your draft!