$735 including a $100 deposit
Overnight cost is an additional $700
$225 including a $50 deposit
Students entering their Junior and Senior years of high school or their Freshman year of College in the fall of 2013.
Students entering 8th - 10th grades in fall of 2013.
We will utilize the Practical Anatomy and Surgical Education's 3D auditorium, the Zeiss Surgical Lab and our secondary lab to give presentations and hands on dissection opportunities to attending students.
The program days will vary in length but plan on attending from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on most days.
Registration Forms will be available soon.
Teachers, do you have an outstanding student interested in a medical career who would benefit from a challenging summer experience? Please consider recommending they attend the AIMS Summer Workshop for High School Students. The workshops provide an in-depth look into various fields of medical science and are attended by students from across the country. Check out our AIMS page on Facebook to see pictures from previous workshops!
Adventures in Medicine and Science Workshop
June 24 -28, 2013
This workshop provides an overview of anatomy and introduction to careers in the health care field. Physicians and professionals from various medical specialties provide programs in their area of expertise using auditorium presentations, hands-on laboratory experiences, group interactions and patient interactions. All students have the opportunity to observe a live surgery during this workshop.
• Tuition is $735.
• Enrollment begins November 26, 2012 and closes March 15, 2013.
• A $100 deposit for admission must be enclosed with application materials. This fee will apply toward tuition and is refundable if the AIMS staff is notified by April 1, 2013.
• Housing is only available to students who live outside the St. Louis metropolitan area.
• Students must be entering their junior or senior year of high school, or freshman year of college.
AIMS Anatomy 101 Workshop
July 22-24, 2013
This workshop is designed for students entering 8th-10th in fall 2013. The three-day workshop provides introductory anatomical learning through 3D auditorium presentations, comparative dissections and other "hands on" programs. Students will have the opportunity to interact with physicians, anatomists, athletic trainers, and other healthcare professionals. If you are interested in science or medicine the workshop is a great way to sharpen your skills. So join us this summer on the Saint Louis University campus in Midtown St. Louis.
• Tuition is $225
• Enrollment begins November 26, 2013
• A $50 deposit for admission must be enclosed with your application. This fee will apply toward and is refundable if AIMS is notified by May 1, 2013
• Students must be entering 8th, 9th or 10th grade