Community Service Award
The School of Medicine recognizes and appreciates service demonstrated by its graduates. The Saint Louis University School of Medicine Alumni Association Community Service Award honors the recipient's service to the his/her community.
To be considered for the Community Service Award, a graduate must demonstrate any of three criteria listed below.
* Commitment to community service of all types is considered, whether it is providing leadership for issues relevant to the community, or spending time in support of the community, or serving the community in a distinctive manner.
* Actions taken in support of the community are considered, specifically service that helps preserve, maintain and/or promote the School of Medicine and/or the St. Louis community.
* Service that has a positive impact on the community is considered.
GUIDELINES AND RESTRICTIONS:
• Any Saint Louis University School of Medicine alumnus/alumna is eligible to receive the Community Service Award.
• Any person may recommend an alumnus/alumna for the Community Service Award.
• The recipient of the award must accept the award in person at the time of its presentation.
2013 - Howard M. Place, M.D. (1983)
2011 - William M. Fogarty, Jr., M.D. (1960)