Volunteers Needed for SLU Cancer Center EventEvent Details: September 14 - September 15
Our target is to screen 800 people for oral, head and neck cancer. This will be largest single screening the Cancer Center has undertaken to date. We are soliciting your support to make this screening initiative a success. Please consider volunteering for any of these categories:
* Clinical Screeners: We will require 15 medical screeners each day. Also, all medical and nurse practitioner students are encouraged to attend. If you have never participated in an oral, head and neck examination, this is an opportunity for you to observe your seniors and screen participants.
* Non-Clinical Volunteers
* Greeters: We plan to hand out 2,500 fliers over the course of two days. We need 32 volunteers to serve as greeters on Saturday, Sept. 14, and Sunday, Sept. 15. If you are medical student and prefer not to screen, you may sign up as a greeter. Also, nursing students are encouraged to support the event.
* Logistics Volunteers: Assist with setting up the tables and chairs/food distribution/raffle items distribution. We will need 10 volunteers.
* Registration Volunteers and Support Staff: Assist with registering participants for the screening by handing out SLU Notice of Privacy and screening forms and ensuring the forms are completed. We will need 24 volunteers on Saturday, Sept. 14, and Sunday, Sept. 15.
Two four- hour shifts are available for both dates: 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 12:30 to 5:00 p.m. (30 minute orientation before each shift).
Please sign up for BDRA Head & Neck Cancer Screening - here's how it works in three easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot:
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Thank you for supporting this initiative!!!