The MOVE Committee invites Saint Louis University faculty and staff to join them in growing the committee and its initiatives. This expanded committee will have members from many departments across campus planning events for the SLU community.
Those interested in learning more about MOVE are invited to fill out an online form via Google Docs and attend the committee's next meet at noon Tuesday, Oct. 1, in room 128 in the Marvin and Harlene Wool Center.
The MOVE Committee was founded in 2010 as a sub-committee in Human Resources, and its mission is "Building community and employee engagement by reaching out and connecting with University individuals to enhance the SLU identity."
MOVE Committee strives to develop programming for the University based on four pillars:
- Building Community: As we work together at SLU, we build friendships and community, sharing much more in common than the workplace.
- Living the Mission: Calling people to action to serve in pursuit of SLU core Jesuit values.
- Recognition: Recognize and reward behaviors and efforts that add to the value of SLU.
- Work to Life: Finding balance between work and life is essential to being happy and fulfilled.
Some of the projects and initiatives that have created and sponsored by the MOVE committee include:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Tribute: An annual event that honors the life and legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. with music and recitation of his iconic "I Have A Dream Speech."
- SLU Spirit Day: On the last Friday of the month, the Billiken and MOVE volunteers visit a department to celebrate employees and share the SLU Shuffle.
- SLU is Sweet on You: On Valentine's Day, employees had the opportunity to send a personalized message and a Hershey's Hug to the recipient of their choice on Valentine's Day. This was an opportunity to recognize other SLU employees. MOVE delivered approximately 500 valentines.
- Statue Walk: A 1.9 mile springtime walk that gave employees an opportunity to learn about the statues and sculptures on campus.
- Food Truck Rally: The rally is hosted twice a year, with the next one taking place Thursday, Sept. 26.
- Department Halloween and Christmas decorating contests
- Thanksgiving Prayer Cards: Thanksgiving prayers and cards are hand delivered to departments.
- SLU Art Fair: Scheduled for November 2013, faculty, staff, alumni and student artists will have the opportunity to showcase and sell their creations with 10 percent of the proceeds being donated to a charity.