The office of the vice president, Frost campus invites applications for its newly established SLU Faculty Leadership Fellows Program.
As part of its portfolio of professional development programming for faculty, the office of the vice president, Frost campus offers the SLU Faculty Leadership Fellows Program, designed to provide qualified and motivated faculty the opportunity to learn from, work with, and work as senior-level University academic leaders on a limited appointment.
Each academic year, the Frost campus vice president will solicit and select several highly-qualified applicants to serve as Faculty Leadership Fellows.
Eligible faculty also may propose projects that are meaningful to the University and their own development.
The office of the vice president invites applications for the following three areas starting spring, summer or fall 2011:
- Faculty Leadership Fellow: Teaching Effectiveness
- Faculty Leadership Fellow: Research Effectiveness
- Faculty Leadership Fellow: Service Effectiveness
Fellows may be compensated via release time and/or stipend depending upon the contract period, percentage of release, and length of fellowship.
Fellow's academic units will be compensated accordingly by the vice president's office to cover costs associated with the fellowship.
Applicants are encouraged to apply by Friday, Feb. 25, or contact Paaige K. Turner, Ph.D., for an extension.
To be eligible for consideration, prospective Faculty Leadership Fellows must:
- hold a full-time faculty appointment (either tenure-track or non-tenure-track)
- complete a formal application
- submit a letter of support from the Dean/Director of their respective college/school/center