Annual Fire Alarm Inspections Scheduled
The tests will be performed in buildings across campus and include brief inspections of the all University buildings horns and strobe lighting.
In coordination with the Department of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, and Facilities Management, Simplex Grinnell will be performing annual fire alarm inspections on the following schedule.
All inspections will be done silently, however, by code all audibles in each of the University's buildings need to be tested. These tests will be performed in building groups in order to minimize the disturbance this may cause to normal business. These tests will be brief and consist of the building horns and strobes going off for approximately five minutes while the inspectors walk the buildings to insure all audibles are sounding properly. These audible tests will occur on Wednesday through Friday, July 31-Aug. 2.
Note that the schedule could take place over more than one day and vary by a day or two in some cases. Updates to the schedule will be published in future editions of Newslink.
- Monday, July 15: Robert May Hall
- Tuesday, July 16: DuBourg Hall
- Wednesday, July 17: Dubourg Hall
- Thursday, July 18: Verhaegen Hall
- Friday, July 19: Manresa Conference Center
- Monday, July 22: Manresa Caretakers House
- Tuesday July 23: Busch Student Center
- Wednesday July 24: Busch Student Center
- Thursday July 25: Busch Student Center
- Friday July 26: Il Monastero, Ritter Hall
- Monday July 29: Earhart Hall
- Tuesday July 30: Earhart Hall
- Wednesday July 31: Audible testing of all buildings
- Thursday Aug. 1: Audible testing of all buildings
- Friday Aug. 2: Audible testing of all buildings
- Wednesday Aug. 21: Chaifetz Arena
- Thursday Aug. 22: Chaifetz Arena
- Friday Aug. 23: Biomedical Engineering/ Searls Hall
- Monday Aug. 26: Chaifetz Arena
- Tuesday Aug. 27: Chaifetz Arena
- Wednesday Aug. 28: Chaifetz Arena
- Thursday Aug. 29: Wool Center
- Friday Aug. 30: Wool Center