Google Spreadsheet Gadgets provide a quick and easy way to create illustrations based on your spreadsheet data.
- Open a Google Spreadsheet.
- Highlight all of the cells that contain data.
- Click "Insert" in the top menu bar.
- Select "Gadget" from the drop-down menu.
A new window will open displaying a wide variety of charts and diagrams that are available to illustrate your data. Simply click on the chart or diagram that meets your needs. The links below provide greater detail about a few commonly used illustrations:
Charts and diagrams created in Google Spreadsheets can be downloaded as Excel charts or PDF files, if needed.
- Click "File" in the top menu bar.
- Select "Download as" from the drop-down menu.
- Select any of the available formats.
For additional Google Tech Tips, visit https://sites.google.com/a/slu.edu/tips/.