The office of international services at Saint Louis University is proud to announce the first annual international photo contest for SLU international and study abroad students.
All students who studied abroad during the 2010-2011 academic year and all international students are encouraged to share their global experiences and global passion with the SLU community through their favorite international photos.
Students may submit photos in up to three of the following categories:
- SLU Spirit: Go Billikens! Capture your SLU spirit with a photo featuring the beloved Billiken or Saint Louis University in your favorite hot spot abroad.
- Unique Cultural Experience*: Embrace your experience abroad and live the culture. Capture an event or experience that represents the culture you explored.
- Service*: Capture Global Billikens embracing the Jesuit mission of "men and women for others" all over the world.
- Landscape: Share the breathtaking views and spectacular sights of your adventurous travels.
- Cityscape: Bring your city to life with the unique aspects of city life all over the world, from architecture to city skylines to street vendors.
- Wildcard/Funny*: Get creative and submit your favorite photo.
- International Campus Photo: Share your international university experience and submit a photo of your campus abroad.
(*Two winners will be selected for each of these categories: a study abroad student and an international student.)
The winners will have their photos displayed in the Office of International Services in Des Peres Hall and receive a framed copy of their winning submission.
The submission deadline is Wednesday, Sept. 21.
Online voting, for students, faculty and staff, will run from Monday, Sept. 26 through Friday, Oct. 7. The winner will be announced Monday, Oct. 10th.
For more details, rules and regulations, and the online submission form, please visit the study abroad web site here.