Tech Tip: Add Calendar Invitations to E-mail
Although we all know calendar invites can be sent directly to a group of individuals through the Google Calendar interface, did you know that you also can create a new calendar event, view guests' availability, and send out invites without ever leaving Google Mail?
- Log in to mail.slu.edu.
- Click "Compose Mail."
- In the "To:" field, enter the e-mail addresses of each guest you are inviting to the event.
- In the "Subject:" field, type the name of the event.
- Click the "Invitation" link below the subject line.
- A pop-up window will appear.
- Each invited guests' availability will display automatically.
- Select a day and time when everyone is available.
- Type the appropriate information in the "Where" and "Description" fields.
- Click "Insert Invitation."
- The event invitation will appear in the body of your outgoing e-mail.
- You can add additional text to the e-mail if desired, or save the e-mail as a draft to send later.
- When you are ready to send out the invitation, just open the e-mail and click "Send."
- Once accepted, the event will appear on the guest's calendar.