New Version of ‘People Finder’ Launches Today
A new version of SLU People Finder will launch Thursday, April 7. The revision, accessible at http://www.slu.edu/peoplefinder or at the top of any SLU.edu web page, provides increased ways to search with dynamic results.
Accurate contact information for students, faculty, staff, and guests at Saint Louis University is easier to find than ever before.
Enhanced features offer:
- A brand new user friendly interface - just click the search field and start typing.
- Dynamic searching, similar to Google's search engine. As you type, results display automatically and narrow with additional criteria.
- Simultaneous cross-referencing across multiple criteria. For instance, you can now type "John engineering" to view a list of people that have both "John" and "engineering" in their contact information.
- Flexible directory searching options: Name, Position, Department, Office, Building, Email, Username, and even Phone Number.
- Automatic result sorting, which utilizes tabs to delineate All, Faculty/Staff, Student, and Other.
- An option for adding a "Search Plugin" for People Finder to the search bar of any Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome browser, allowing you to access People Finder directly as soon as you open your browser window.