During the winter break period, the Simon Recreation Center will be closed intermittently for maintenance and enhancements. The information below outlines a list of closures based on projected maintenance schedules.
The department of campus recreation remains committed to providing quality recreational facilities to the Saint Louis University community. Scheduling of facility improvement projects occurs during break periods or times of low usage whenever possible. Thank you for your patience.
Tuesday, Dec. 21, 2010- Sunday, Jan. 9, 2011:
- Simon Rec Gym Courts CLOSED
- Simon Rec basketball courts closed for resurfacing. The courts will be "roughed/screened" and a new polyurethane finish will be applied. They will remain closed for at least another 10 days so the courts can receive the proper amount of time to cure.
- Simon Rec OPEN from 6 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Salus Fitness Center OPEN from 6am-7:30 p.m..
December 23, 2010:
- Simon Rec CLOSED
- Salus Fitness Center OPEN from 6am-7:30pm
- Simon Rec closed while polyurethane is applied to the gym courts. The Salus Fitness Center will be open the entire day to provide an alternative option for exercise.
- Simon Rec Indoor Pool CLOSED
- The Simon Rec indoor pool will be closed while upgrades are made in the area. Those upgrades include repairs/replacement on the bulkhead, part replacement in the pump/mechanical room and floor tile replacement.