Blackboard Upgrade Scheduled for May 2013
Information Technology Services will be upgrading the current SLU Global (Blackboard) Service Pack 7 to Blackboard Learn 9.1 Service Pack 11 (SP11) on May 18, 2013. SP11 provides a more contemporary design, improved accessibility features and some long-awaited functionality. The new features and enhancements to SP11 include:
- Automated Re-grading of Tests
- Test Item Analysis
- New Content Editor (formerly Text Editor)
- Improved copy from Microsoft Word and paste to the Content Editor
- Course Copy File Selections
- Enhanced Calendar
- Streamlined Discussion Board
- My Blackboard Menu available inside every course with access to posts, updates, calendar and My Grades from your other courses
- Course Color Themes that can be applied to courses
Learn more about the upcoming changes to the customer interface in the following SP11 videos:
Note that the videos were created by Blackboard and may show some features that are not available under SLU's Blackboard Learn license.
Starting in April, there will be new online documentation, FAQ's and training modules, and live webinar training for the SP11 upgrade. Anyone interested in learning more about the upcoming changes can check the SLU Global Support website for announcements and upgrade information throughout the spring 2013 semester.