The Student Success Center is now recruiting tutors and supplemental instruction (SI) leaders for summer 2011 and the 2011-12 academic year.
Tutors are needed for a variety of subjects and courses on the Frost and Medical Center campuses.
Tutoring and SI courses are listed on the application, which is available for download.
What are the requirements of becoming a tutor or SI leader?
- Have a 3.0 in the subject area(s) to be tutored and maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Faculty Recommendation (form available online).
- Attend training on Saturday, Aug. 27, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Participate in In-Service trainings or projects (two per semester).
- Act as an academic role model.
- Encourage and support your peers!
Do you know someone who would make a great tutor or SI leader?
Email Kelly Herbolich, coordinator of academic support, at email@example.com.
Complete applications are due to the Student Success Center, Busch Student Center suite 331, by Friday, March 4, and interviews will take place following spring break.