Saint Louis University Graduate News and Announcements
|University News Links|
SLU Creates College for Public Health and Social Justice
ST. LOUIS - Saint Louis University has established the College for Public Health and Social Justice, a new academic unit that combines SLU's accredited Schools of Public Health and Social Work.
"For years, Saint Louis University has been a national leader in public health and social work education," said University President Lawrence Biondi, S.J."
The schedule for spring 2013 will be updated throughout the term.
- Yung-Hwal Park, a Ph.D. candidate in International Business and Marketing, will defend his dissertation, "An Examination of the Effect of International Strategy on Corporate Social Performance: The Role of Geographic Diversification and Entry Mode," on Tuesday, May 14 at 2 p.m. in Room 352 of Davis Shaughnessy Hall.
- Jill Parsons, a Ph.D. candidate in Nursing will defend her dissertation, "Fear of Falling in Long-Term Care Residents: A Mixed Methods Approach," on Wednesday, May 15 at 9 a.m. in Room 541 of the School of Nursing.
- Michelle Hendrix, a Ph.D. candidate in Experimental Psychology, will defend her dissertation, "An Exploration of the Relationship between Emotional and Cognitive Control," on Friday, May 17 at 1 p.m. in Shannon Hall.
- David Wilson, a Ph.D. candidate in Pharmacological and Physiological Sciences, will defend his dissertation, "Oral Thermal Modulation of Taste Processing in the Mouse Brain," on Friday, May 17 at 2 p.m. in Lecture Hall 3 of Schwitalla Hall.
- Brittany Young, a Ph.D. candidate in Molecular Microbiology and Immunology will defend her dissertation, "Oncolytic Adenoviruses in Combination Treatments for Cancer: Examining the Roles of Cyclophophosphamide and Radiation in Enhancing Antitumor Efficacy and Viral Replication and Biodistribution in the Syrian Hamster," on Friday, May 24 at 10 a.m. in the 9th floor conference room in Doisy Research Center.
- Valerie Badro, a Ph.D. candidate in Health Care Ethics, will defend her dissertation, "Physicians and the Conscience: A Phenomenological Study of Dilemmas of Conscience in the Practice of Medicine," on Friday, May 24 at 10 a.m. in Room 1412 D of Salus Center.
- Karin Staub, a Ph.D. candidate in International Business and Marketing, will defend her dissertation, "Multilingual Print Advertisements and Cosmopolitanism: Associations, Perceptions, and Attitudes Triggered by Foreign Interrupts," on Tuesday, May 28 at 9 a.m. in Room 230 of John & Lucy Cook Hall.
The Honorable Michael Wolff Selected as Dean of School of Law
A current SLU LAW faculty member, Wolff brings an established record of leadership to his new role, having served 13 years on the Missouri Supreme Court and as its Chief Justice from 2005-2007.
Also . . .
- Thomas Madden, Ph.D., Named Fellow of Medieval Academy of America
- John K. Pruellage, 1941-2012
- SLU Administrator Named Fulbright-Nehru International Education Administrators Seminar Awardee
- Benjamin H. Ulrich, 1922-2013
- Pharmacological, Physiological Chair Steps Down After 33 Years
- ‘Happy Birthday, Father Ong'
- Student Wins Second Place at I2P Global Competition
- Reinert Center Announces Fall 2013 Innovative Teaching Fellows
- James Kimmey to Receive National Award
- Graduate Education Awards 2012 Morgan Book Fund Award
- SLU Biologist Discovers New Fish Species
- Gala to Mark 25 Years of Progress at Saint Louis University
- New Dean Joins Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology
- Graduate Education Announces 2012-2013 Fellowship Recipients
- Thomas Q. Keefe Named 2012-2013 Dean of Law School
- Law Professor Named Fulbright Scholar
- John K. Pruellage Leaves $1.1 Million Gift to Law School Building Project
- SLU Professor Named to American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Professor Receives Physical Therapy Teaching Award
- First Graduate Marks Program's Newest Phase
- New Dean Named to College of Philosophy and Letters
- Ireland’s President Honors SLU Professor
SLU’s First Endowed Chair in Public Health Honors James Kimmey
Kimmey served in various leadership roles during his 14-year tenure at SLU. Among them, he was the founding dean of SLU's School of Public Health
Also . . .
- New Acquisition in the Vatican Film Library
- University Opens New Center for Workforce & Organizational Development
- Billiken BEAMS Competition Builds Bridges
- GSA Accepting Graduate Student Award Nominations
- Center for Digital Theology Receives Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Grant
- Center for Sustainability Awards More Than $300K for Research in St. Louis
- Center for Sustainability Honored for 'Green' Achievements
- Digital Classroom Unites Ph.D. Nursing Class
- Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology Receives Award from Henry Luce Foundation
- SLU Institutional Accreditation Continued
- Reinert Center Celebrates New Name, Important Milestone
- Law School Building Project Receives $250,000 Gift
- SLU Plans Historic Move of Law School to Downtown
The Reading List: Online reports on college, careers and more
Articles and information from the World Wide Web
"Soccer league thankful to play for championship on new SLU field" (from STLtoday.com/St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
"From school to work to school again: the changing face of graduate education" (First in a series about graduate education from the St. Louis Beacon)