Living in the Micah community, you will be in the company of students who are diverse in their majors, their faith, their interests and their personal backgrounds.
As a Micah student, you will have the opportunity for the following:
- Make friends among freshmen and sophomore students while living on a Micah floor in Marguerite Hall.
- Connect with other students who are interested in social justice and who think faith is important.
- Gather for an hour weekly in small and large groups to enjoy community activities led by older students.
- Experience two retreats designed for your community and led by older Micah students.
- Live among sophomore mentors who can help you out during your first year in college.
- Participate in floor activities organized by SLU's housing and residence life staff.
Living in Marg has been one of my favorite aspects of Micah and my freshman year.Rose Flanagan, class of 2022
Community Events ('17-'18)
In addition to group gatherings led by older Micah students every Monday from 7-8 p.m. and weekly service, Micah students can attend the following events:
- First-year program orientation and all Micahs picnic: Aug. 29, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Service work day with New City Fellowship: Sept. 9*
- Halloween parties for city school children: Oct. 28*
- First-year students day retreat (led by older Micah students): Oct. 7
- Spring weekend retreat (led by older Micah students): Feb. 23-25
- Service work day in the historic Lewis Place neighborhood: April 14*
- Micah student conference on urban poverty studies and senior reception: April 23
(*Optional event for Micah first-year students)