Scholarships for Service
Saint Louis University and other organizations offer scholarships for students who are committed to community service.
Saint Louis University Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship
This scholarship is granted to students who are committed to the promotion of diversity and social justice, and who demonstrate leadership in the classroom, on campus and in the greater community.
- An ACT score of 23 or greater (or an SAT score of 1050 math + critical reasoning)
- A cumulative high school GPA of 3.25 or higher, weighted or unweighted, as reported on your transcript as late as your seventh semester
SLU's Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship is a renewable four-year academic award of $3,000 per year. Because it is combined with other merit-based scholarships awarded by Saint Louis University, SLU's MLK Scholars receive a minimum total award of $13,000.
Saint Louis University John Paul Fechter Service Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to transfer students who have significant involvement in community service. A separate application is required.
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA in previous college coursework
- Minimum of 60 transferable college credit hours
- Significant involvement in community service
This scholarship is a renewable four-year award of $10,000. It requires 40 hours of service per semester.
Kohl's Kids Who Care
Every year, Kohl's recognizes and rewards young volunteers across the country for their amazing contributions to their communities through the Kohl's Kids Who Care Program.
- Students must be between the ages of 6 and 18 and not yet a high school graduate.
- Your volunteer actions should be described in detail on the nomination form.
- Volunteer efforts must have occurred in the last year.
- Store winners are awarded a $50 Kohl's Gift Card.
- Regional winners are awarded a $1,000 scholarship for higher education.
- National winners are awarded a total of $10,000 in scholarships. Plus, Kohl's will donate $1,000 to a nonprofit organization of your choice.
Stephen J. Brady STOP Hunger Scholarships
The Stephen J. Brady STOP Hunger Scholarships reward students who have made a significant impact in the fight against hunger. The scholarship recipients each receive $5,000 for their education as well as a matching grant in their name for the hunger-related charity of their choice.
- Applicants should be aged 5 to 25 and enrolled in an accredited US educational institution.
- You must have demonstrated an on-going commitment to your community by performing unpaid volunteer services impacting hunger in the United States within the last 12 months. Added consideration is given to students who are working to fight childhood hunger.
- You and anyone recommending you for the scholarship must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
Scholarship recipients each receive $5,000 for their education as well as a matching grant in their name for the hunger-related charity of their choice.