Jill E. Burkemper, PhD
Jill Burkemper is a part-time Assistant Professor of Health Care Ethics. She completed her PhD in philosophy at the International Academy of Philosophy in Liechtenstein. She teaches courses for the Undergraduate Minor and "Ethics in Nursing and Health Care" for students in Saint Louis University's graduate nursing program.
Scholarly Grants and Contracts
- "Ethics Education in MSN Programs: A Study of National Trends," $5,000 funded by the National League for Nursing. September 2003 - September 2004.
- "Ethics in Medical Education," $12,000 funded by the Marchetti Fund, St. Louis. Co-PI with James DuBois. July 1, 1999 - June 30, 2000.
Selected Recent Presentations
- With Lach, H. and Sanazaro, D. "Ethical Issues in the Care of Older Adults," presentation at the 23rd Annual Saint Louis University Summer Geriatric Institute ("Aging: Back to Basics"), St. Louis, MO, June 2012.
- "Ethics Education in MSN Programs: A Study of National Trends," presentation at the National League for Nursing Education Summit 2004, Orlando, FL, October 1, 2004.
- "Health Care Ethics in the Common Morality, " presentation to Foundations for Ethics Continuing Education Institute, Center for Health Care Ethics, St. Louis, MO, May 2001.
- With DuBois, J.M. "Research Ethics in Medical Education: An Analysis of Syllabi," Plenary session presentation at the Office of Research Integrity's "Research on Research Ethics Conference," Bethesda, MD, November 2000.
- With DuBois, J.M. "Ethics in Undergraduate Medical Education: A Survey Study," poster presentation at the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities annual conference, Salt Lake City, UT, October 2000.
- With DuBois, J.M. "Ethics Education in US Medical Schools: An Analysis of Ethics Course Syllabi," presentation at Association for Practical and Professional Ethics Annual Meeting, Cincinnati, OH, March 1-4, 2000.
Active Professional Memberships
- American Society for Bioethics and Humanities