CHCE Alumni Publications
- Slosar, John Paul, Mark Repenshek and Elliott Bedford, “Catholic Identity and Charity Care in the Era of Health Reform.” HEC Forum DOI: 10.1007/s10730-013-9212-6
- Bedford, Elliott Louis. "The Concept of Institutional Conscience." National Catholic Bioethics Quarterly Vol. 12, No. 3 (Autumn 2012): 409-20.
- Bedford, Elliott Louis. "Catholic Social Teaching and the Women’s Preventive Health Services Mandate." Nova et Vetera (English Edition) Vol.10, No.4 (2012): 909-22.
- Bedford, Elliott Louis. "Reframing the Contraception Debate: A Teachable Moment for the Church." Ethics & Medics Vol. 37, No.9 (2012): 1-4.
- Bedford, Elliott Louis. "The Texas Advance Directives Act: A Threat to Catholic Identity?" Health Care Ethics USA Vol. 20, No. 2 (Spring 2012): 2-15.
- Bedford, Elliott Louis and Elizabeth K. Johnson. "Building a Pipeline: Connect Young Talent with the Ministry." Health Progress Vol. 93, No.3 (May-June 2012): 20-23.
- Bedford, Elliott Louis. "Of Food and Water and the Obligation to Provide: John Paul II and Christian Anthropology." Christian Bioethics (2011) 17(2): 105-122
- Bishop, Jeffery P. and Elliott Louis Bedford. "Medically Assisted Nutrition and Hydration: The Vegetative State and Beyond." Christian Bioethics (2011) 17(2): 97-104.
- Bedford, Elliott Louis. "Abortion: At the Still Point of the Turning Conscientious Objection Debate." HEC Forum Vol. 24, No. 2 (June 2012): 63-82.
- Bedford, Elliott Louis. "The Core Competencies: A Roman Catholic Critique." HEC Forum Vol. 23, No. 3 (September 2011): 147-169.
Elena (Yates) Kraus
- DuBois JM, Kraus EM, Mikulec AA, Cruz-Flores S, Bakanas E. (2013) A Humble Task: Restoring Virtue in an Age of Conflicted Interests. Academic Medicine. 88(7):924-8.
- DuBois, James M., & Kraus, Elena. (2013). The Ghost of Veterinary Medicine Yet to Come: Lessons Learned from Medical Business Ethics. Proceedings of the 59th Annual Convention: American Association of Equine Practitioners, (Forthcoming).
- DuBois, James, Kraus, Elena, & Bakanas, Erin. (2012, September 3). Will concierge medicine’s image improve as it evolves? American Medical News. Retrieved from http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2012/09/03/prca0903.htm
- DuBois, James, Bakanas, Erin, Cruz, Salvador, Mikulec, Anthony, & Kraus, Elena. (2013). A Humble Task: Restoring Virtue in Medicine in an Age of Conflicting Interests. Academic Medicine, (In Press).
- DuBois, J., Kraus, E., & Vasher, M. (2012). "The Development of a Taxonomy of Wrongdoing in Medical Practice and Research." American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 42(1), 89-98.
- DuBois, J., Anderson, E., Yates, E., Vasher, M., Carroll, K., Gibb, T., & Rubbelke, T. "Environmental Factors Contributing to Wrongdoing in Medicine: A Criterion-based Review of Studies and Cases." Ethics and Behavior. (in press).
- Anderson, E., & Kraus, E. (2011). "Re-examining Empirical Data through the Lens of Personal Narratives on Living with Conflicts of Interest in Medicine." Narrative Inquiry in Bioethics, 1(2), 91-99.
- Chen B, Yates E, Huang Y, et al. "Alternative Promoter and GATA5 Transcripts in Mouse." Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. Dec 1 2009;297(6):G1214-1222.
- Yates, E. (2010). "Job Description: Nurse, 2010." Virtual Mentor, 12(1), 3-5.
- Review of "Translational Stem Cell Research: Issues Beyond the Debate on the Moral Status of the Human Embryo." Doody's Review Service (on-line). (Accessed June 2011).
- Elena Yates. Review of "The Case of Terri Schiavo: Ethics, Politics, and Death in the 21st Century." Doody's Review Service (on-line). (Accessed January, 2010).
- Elena Yates. Review of "Ethics in Nursing: Cases, Principles, and Reasoning, 4th Edition." Doody's Review Service (on-line). (Accessed May, 2010).
- Elena Yates. Review of "Case Studies in Nursing Ethics, 4th Edition." Doody's Review Service (on-line). (Accessed October, 2010).
D. Robert MacDougall, PhD
- MacDougall, D. Robert, and Griffin Trotter. "Rights and Basic Health Care." Journal of Medicine and Philosophy, 2011, 36(6): 529-36.
- Guest Editor (with Griffin Trotter). "Defining and Providing a Decent Minimum of Health Care." Journal of Medicine and Philosophy 36, no.6 (2011): 529-536.
- MacDougall, D. Robert "Rawls and the Refusal of Medical Treatment to Children." Journal of Medicine and Philosophy 35, no. 2 (2010): 130-53.
- MacDougall, D. Robert. "Review: Innovation and the Pharmaceutical Industry: Critical Reflections on the Virtues of Profit," Edited by H. Tristram Engelhardt and Jeremy R. Garrett. Salem, Ma: M & M Scrivener Press; 2008. 250 Pp. Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics 19, no. 02 (2010): 264-68.
Mark Repenshek, PhD
- Angove, R., Ngui, EM and Repenshek, M. “Inclusion and Use of Race and Ethnicity in Ethics Consultation Research.” HCE USA 22, No. 4 (2014): 43-53.
- Ascension Health Colloquium, “Medical Intervention in Cases of Maternal-Fetal Vital Conflicts: A Statement of Consensus.” NCBQ 14, no. 3 (Autumn 2014): 477-489.
- Pecanac, K, Repenshek, M, Tennenbaum, D., and Hammes, B. “Respecting Choices and Advance Directives in a Diverse Community.” Journal of Palliative Medicine 17(3), (March 2014): 282-87.
- Repenshek, M. “Quality Attestation for Clinical Ethics Consultants: Perspectives from the Field.” HCE USA 22, No. 1 (Winter 2014): 24-26.
- Slosar, JP., Repenshek, M. and Bedford, E. “Catholic Identity and Charity Care in the Era of Health Reform.” HEC Forum (2013).
- Hamel, R., Slosar, JP, and Repenshek, M. “Answering the Call from ASBH’s Second Edition of Core Competencies in Ethics Consultation.” AJOB (February 2013).
- Repenshek, M. “Continuous Quality Improvement Initiatives in Ethics: A Proposed Communication Tool” HCE USA 20, n. 4 (Fall 2012): 2-12.
- Repenshek, M. “Therapeutic Access to the Embryo.” NCBQ 11, n. 4 (Winter 2011): 735-756.
- Repenshek, M. and Lenhardt, D. “Maintaining Credibility in the Use of Commercial Institutional Review Boards.” HCE USA 19, no. 4 (Fall 2011):18-24.
- Repenshek, M. “A Contribution to the Clinical Ethics Quality Initiative.” Internet Journal of Catholic Bioethics 6, no. 1 (Spring 2011)
- Repenshek, M. “Attempting to Establish Standards in Ethics Consultation for Catholic Health Care: Moving Beyond a Beta Group.” HCE USA 18, no. 1 (Winter 2010): 5-14.
- Repenshek, M. and Hounsell, J. “Case Management in a Pandemic: Has the profession codified its obligations?” Collaborative Case Management (ACMA) 7, no. 4 (Winter 2010): 7-9.
Rebecca Volpe, PhD
- Volpe, RL. (Spring, 2010). "Expressed and Unexpressed Information Needs for Informed Consent." Journal of Clinical Ethics, 21(1): 45-57.
- Volpe, RL. (2010). Film Review: "The English Surgeon." Journal of Bioethical Inquiry, 7(2): 261-262.
- DuBois, JM. and Volpe, RL. (2008). "Introduction: Organ Donation and Death from Unexpected Circulatory Arrest: Engaging the Recommendations of the Institute of Medicine." Journal of Law, Medicine and Ethics, 36: 612-617.
- DuBois, JM., Volpe, RL., and Rangel, EK. (2008). "Hidden Empirical Research Ethics: A Review of Three Health Journals from 2005 through 2006." Journal of Empirical Research on Human Research Ethics, 3(3): 7-18.
- Volpe, R., Davidson, L. and Bell, MC. (2008). "Faculty Attitudes and Behaviors Concerning Student Cheating." The College Student Journal, 42(1): 164-175.