Thursday, 13 December 2012

Memorial of Saint Lucy, Virgin and Martyr

Is 41:13-20

Ps 145:1 And 9, 10-11, 12-13ab

Mt 11:11-15

The readings for the day can be found here.

Fear of the unknown. That is something that I have commonly felt, especially being in my senior year at SLU. The idea of uncertainty of where I will be in the coming months, whether or not I am accepted into the graduate school I so deeply want to get into or hear back from the job I applied for. It is like I am travelling down a road with an unknown destination.

In the readings for today, God realizes the fear, the trials, and the tribulations that his people are experiencing. He will not forsake them. He is always there to “grasp your right hand” and inform you to “fear not” because He will always be there to help you.

During this season of Advent, it is important to remember that our savior is coming. He is the hope that we have to hold onto when we feel the fear creep up or the anxieties of uncertainty consume our thoughts. Jesus truly is the reason for the season, as clichéd as that may sound. We have to remember that when there is nothing else to turn to, God will always be there to guide us down the right path and carry us towards the light.

So let’s embrace the idea of uncertainty. It is an unknown adventure but when we realize that God is always there and giving us hope for our savior to come, that will triumph over fear. Be thankful for where you are. Give thanks to God. And know that the hope for the future is so much stronger than the fear of the unknown

Victoria Glatz is a senior studying Nutrition and Dietetics.

This entry was posted in 2012. Bookmark the permalink.