BE A GLOBAL BILLIKEN

ABOUT KATIE

My name is Katie and I am senior here at SLU.  I’m studying International business, Management, and Spanish. I studied abroad at the Saint Louis University Madrid campus in Spain the second semester of my sophomore year. I will be writing throughout the semester to provide tips and tricks I learned while studying abroad.

LEARN MORE

College is the time in our lives where we are truly independent. It’s a time to try new things, get involved in new groups and organizations, make new friends, and most importantly, it is a time to learn. Why not enhance this learning experience by studying abroad?

TRAVEL ABROAD

Studying abroad is becoming a common trend among college students in the United States, including our own Global Billikens. Becoming a culturally aware global citizen is a quality necessary for an increasingly international world. Spain was a great fit for me, but I have friends who have studied in all of our different study abroad destinations.

EXPLORE CULTURE

This fall 2012 semester, Saint Louis University has over 180 undergraduate students on five continents, and in 16 different countries. SLU students are not only exploring, but studying and living in:

Spain Thailand England Ireland
El Salvador South Korea Italy Belgium
Ecuador China France Switzerland
Chile Sweden Germany Australia

EXPERIENCE THE WORLD

Whatever area of the world or travel destination interests you, I encourage all students to study abroad. You will learn things, meet people and have experiences that will have a tremendous impact on not just your university experience, but also the rest of your life.

I can personally say that studying abroad changed my life. Not only was it a highlight of my college career, but also I came away with some great experiences and memories that will last a lifetime.

If you would like to find out more about study abroad opportunities at SLU, please contact the Office of International Services at goabroad@slu.edu, 314-977-4081 or SLU’s Study Abroad website.

3 Responses to “BE A GLOBAL BILLIKEN”

1. [...] You’ve just made one of the best decisions of your life, the decision to study abroad. Whether you’ve always wanted to travel abroad, or if it’s a relatively new idea of yours, I [...]

2. [...] (except athletic scholarships) travels with you during your semester or year abroad. During my own semester abroad, due to the amount of my personal financial aid awards and the cost of tuition in Spain, my parents [...]

3. [...] people ask me where I’m from, they’re usually asking what place I call home. Ever since I studied abroad in Madrid, this question becomes a little more complicated. While I am proud to say that I am from [...]