- Student Mail Services
PHONE: 314 977-1128
HOURS: Mon - Thurs, 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Fri, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sat, 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm
ROOM: Lower Level, Rm. 131
ADDRESS: 20 N. GRAND BLVD.
ST. LOUIS, MO 63103
Picking up my package
- Students will receive an e-mail message to their SLU e-mail account notifying them of a package/parcel's arrival.
- You must have the location that is given in the e-mail message, your MSC number, and a picture ID in order to receive your package/parcel.
- Only packages that are strictly UPS, FedEx, USPS Overnight express mail services are delivered directly to the BSC. This mail will also show a signature when tracked.
- UPS, FedEx, DHL and other deliveries are received by Student Mail Services at various times during the day; there is no set time for you to check on a package/parcel delivery.
Delivery process and delivery confirmation
- During the months of August, September and January, expect mail and package delivery to be delayed due to an increase in delivery activity.
- USPS delivery confirmation "delivered St. Louis, 63103" confirms that a package has arrived at the St. Louis Post Office, NOT that it has been received by Student Mail Services.
- Expect an estimated 24 to 48 hour delay from the time of USPS delivery confirmation until the package is received by Student Mail Services.
- Packages confirmed as delivered on Friday through Sunday will take up to 2 business days to be delivered to Student Mail Services.
How long do I have to pick up my package?
- Perishable packages must be picked up one week after the first notification; students will receive three (3) notifications before the perishable package is destroyed or returned to sender.
- Packages that are improperly addressed (no name, incomplete name, wrong MSC number, etc.) will be kept in a location with miscellaneous items for two weeks. After this time period, the packages will be returned to sender.
- Return to sender packages: Students will receive three notifications within 1 month to pick up package(s). If items are not picked up, they will be returned to sender.
- Letter Mail: If letter mail is improperly addressed. IT will be sent to the "Lookup Bin." If address can't be found, the mail will be returned to sender.
How should my mail be addressed?
Correctly addressing the envelope is the most important aspect of any mailing. To facilitate efficient sorting and processing, USPS recommends capital letters without punctuation and requires the use of standard abbreviations. Your mail should be addressed as follows:
Jennifer J Johnson
Students: Please notify all of your correspondents of your proper address. It should appear on all letters, packages and subscriptions (both newspaper and magazines).
Parents: When making a credit card or mail order purchase, please ensure that your child's name and MSC# appears in the mailing address. A common error is using the name of the credit holder in the mailing address.
- Address mail by MSC# and NOT dorm address. Please see example above.
- Do not mail any packages to yourself at Saint Louis University until one week before the start of the term