Fuze Meeting Policies & Guidelines
University Policy Agreement
The Fuze Meeting application can be used to share and record information. As the Fuze Meeting account holder you are responsible for adhering to all relevant data security and privacy regulations, such as HIPAA, FERPA, and copyright, in addition to the Fuze Meeting Account Management policies included above. Please review the following policies as relevant to your practice or intended use of Fuze Meeting:
- University Copyright Policy
- University HIPAA Information
- University FERPA Information
- Faculty Manual - Intellectual Property / Faculty Ownership of Course Materials
- University Student Handbook
- Information Technology Policies
- University Appropriate Use Policy
- FuzeBox Appropriate Use Policy
- Lecture Capture Policies & Guidelines
The same privacy considerations that would apply in a brick and mortar classroom, particularly to student work, apply to a Fuze Meeting real-time session or recording.
- If Fuze Meeting is used to disseminate student presentations, small group discussions, or seminar classes beyond a defined course, faculty members will be responsible for obtaining student consent prior to distribution. Click here for a consent form. Faculty members are not required to obtain student consent when broadcasting their own image and content; when no student participation is recorded; or when incidental student participation is recorded and the broadcast is directed to a defined course.
- Review the Lecture Capture Policies & Guidelines page for answers to common questions, strategies for best practices, and considerations about privacy and property issues that can arise with lecture capture, including recording and sharing content via Fuze Meeting.