New to the Program?
Congratulations and Welcome to the ITS Intern Program!
Before you may begin working, there are several steps that must be completed. It is important that all steps be completed to allow for accurate time keeping, payroll, etc. Please complete the following:
Step 1: Fill Out your Paperwork
- Go to Human Resources in the Lindell Building and complete New Hire Paperwork for Regular Staff and receive the New Hire Confirmation Receipt.
- Please note you will need your Social Security Card, State Id, and SLu Id.
- While in the Lindell Building, complete a Direct Deposit Authorization form, attach a voided check or deposit slip and return to Payroll Services.
- Payroll Services is on the first floor of Lindell, as well as Human Resources.
- Direct Deposit Policy states all newly hired employees must participate in Direct Deposit for receipt of payroll funds.
- Review and sign the ITS Confidentiality Agreement and Standards of Professionalism.
- Print off or take a screenshot of your Federal Work Study eligibility within your Financial Aid award
- IT Interns are required to apply and accept any Federal Work Study money they are eligible for.
- Return the "New Hire Confirmation Receipt" and the ITS Confidentiality to the Student Support Coordinator for ITS, Ms. Megan Greathouse, Busch Student Center, Room 137.
- Enter your information into the ITS Intern Database.
Step 2: Create your schedule
Contact your IT supervisor and create a schedule that best suites the needs of the supervisor and your availabilty. Please keep in mind that during the semester, you are allowed to work up to 15 hours a week; and during the major breaks you are allowed to work up to 40 hours a week. Once a schedule is created, and all paperwork is turned in, confirm your start date with your IT supervisor.
Step 3: Review the Tech Handbook
The Tech Manual is designed to acquaint you with IT Intern Program and provide you with information about working conditions, benefits, and policies affecting your employment.
The information contained in the Tech Manual applies to all employees of IT Intern Program. The Tech Manual is a summary of our policies, which are presented here only as a matter of information.