- Student Tech Service Center
- Academic Tools
- Accounts and Access
- Billiken Print
- Graduating Senior Checklist
- Hardware and Software Discounts
- Internet Services
- IT Intern Program
- Let your major be your guide
- Media resources and Labs
- Multimedia Labs
- Multimedia Resources
- Instructional Media Collection
- Open Computer Labs
- New Student Checklist
- Technical Support
- ITS Home Page
Though both the Instructional Media Center (IMC) and the Instructional Technology Center (ITC) have tools for recording DVDs, the IMC has a number of more advanced video editing resources available. Please keep in mind that powerful and versatile equipment offers more options - but also requires more time to learn how to operate.
The options available at the IMC include:
- Non-Linear Digital Editing - If you need to modify a video beyond simply copying it, the IMC and the ITC have resources for this. Adobe Premiere Pro is installed on all graphic workstations. These computers also have Firewire cards to interface with digital camcorders and external hard drives. MiniDV decks are available in both labs.
Be prepared to invest some time in learning non-linear editing. These systems can edit a variety of video formats and enable you to create professional fades, cross-dissolves, superimposed titling, rolling credits, music, and sound effects with voiceovers.
To reserve any of these resources in advance, call 314-977-2919 and press 1 at the voice menu.
Manuals and online help are available. Though staff may be consulted for specific questions, in-depth training is not provided.