Support for Student Computers
More and more students are using their laptops for class work, so it is beneficial for the SLU Community to be aware of the services available at The Tech Service Center, and to know where to go when they're having problems.
The Tech Service Center Resource Center, located in the Busch Student Center, is available to all students regardless of whether they reside on or off campus. The Tech Service Center's scope of services is similar to that of a full service computer store. However, there is no charge for almost all The Tech Service Center services.
Free services include:
- Hardware Diagnosis
- Malware and Virus removal
- University approved Software installation
- Hard drive data backup and transfer, student must provide own hard drive
- Limited file recovery
- Assistance with operating system reinstallation
- ResNet and SLUNet support
Hardware repair services are NOT available on any computer .