- Accounting & Financial Reporting
- Accounts Payable
- Auxiliary Services
- Business Services
- Contract Approval Process
- Doing Business with Saint Louis University
- eProcurement System
- Exclusive University Business Partners
- Hotel Accommodations
- Master Vendor Form Instructions
- P-Card Policies and Procedures
- Photocopy Equipment Acquisition
- Purchasing FAQ
- Purchasing Policies and Procedures
- Selecting a Vendor
- Sole Source Form
- Vendor Discounts for Personal Purchases
- Vendor List: University
- Vendor List: Medical
- Vendor Performance Feedback Form
- Vendor Programs
- Vendor Requirements
- Year End Processing
- Fiscal Year End Process
- FY16 Purchase Requisitions
- Year End Requisitioning Procedures
- Copying a Requisition
- Fiscal Year End Processing Checklist
- P-Card Charges for FY15 and FY16
- Year End Calendar
- Split-Run Coding
- Budget Roll Process
- Deferred Charges
- Contact Business Services
- Card Programs
- Central Processing Center
- Employee Reimbursement
- Financial Commitment
- Financial Planning & Budget
- Financial Services
- Parking and Card Services
- Real Estate
- Risk Management & Insurance
- Treasury & Investments
- Wire Transfer Request
- Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Copying a Requisition
New Fiscal Year Standing Orders
Requisitions initiating standing orders for FY 2016 may be copied from the FY 2015 requisition. The user must know either the requisition number or the associated PO # in order to copy a requisition: 1) the requisition number appears on the departmental copy of the purchase order, or 2) the requisition number displays on INB screen FOIDOCH when the user enters the purchase order number (enter "PO" at Doc Type and the PO # at Doc Code, and then perform a Next Block function). Users may also find the requisition number at BSS View Document: select "Purchase Order" at Choose type and enter the purchase order number at Document Number, click View Document, and then scroll to the bottom of the screen to see Related Documents.
Note: Please remember that requisitions must be completed and approved by the Commitment Office (Medical Center Finance or CPC-Financial Commitment) before they may be copied.
1. After logging in to Internet Native Banner (INB), type FPAREQN in the Go field of the General Menu, and press enter.
2. Leave the Requisition field blank and click the Copy icon (located to the far right of the Requisition field).
3. At Copy From Requisition, enter the requisition number (R#######) to be copied.
4. Click OK.
Requestor/Delivery Information Window
5. The Order Date is the date the requisition is entered. Do not change.
6. Tab to Trans Date. This field defaults to the current date. Change date to "070115".
7. Tab to Delivery Date and enter "070115".
8. Tab to Comments and enter "Standing Order" (if this comment is not already displayed).
9. Tab to Requestor. This field defaults to the originator of the copied requisition. If you were not the originator of the copied requisition, enter your name, organization, email, and phone. The requestor receives automated emails regarding disapproved requisitions, notification of establishment of PO's, PO invoices in suspense, etc.
10. Verify the Ship To and Attention To fields, and change if necessary.
11. Perform a Next Block function or click the Vendor Information tab.
Vendor Information Window
12. Verify the vendor information (name, address, contact, and e-mail address where vendor would like PO's to be sent) and change if necessary. NOTE: To verify current vendor terms, delete the vendor number, press Tab, retype the vendor number at the Vendor field, press Tab again, and current vendor terms will display.
13. Verify document text by clicking Options, Document Text (FOAPOXT) from the menu bar to access the Procurement Text Entry FOAPOXT window.
Note: An alert box may display indicating that transaction is suspending due to date change. Click OK.
14. Perform a Next Block function to view text and change if necessary. Text should include standard codes S004 and S005, and authorized users.
15. Save the text by pressing F10.
16. Click the Exit icon to return to the Vendor Information window.
17. Perform a Next Block function or click the Commodity/Accounting tab.
Commodity/Accounting Window (Commodity Block)
18. Verify the Description, U/M (Unit of Measure), Quantity, Unit Price, and Extended (Extended Cost). Change if necessary.
The Central Processing Center requests that users enter detailed information, including your department name, vendor account number, and/or equipment serial number. in the Description field at the Commodity/Accounting window. This will ensure that CPC-Accounts Payable has sufficient information to follow up on any questions, and to apply invoices to the correct PO's. Examples of text include (limit 40 character):
SO Chemistry Lab Supplies
Ob/Gyn; account 15685; parking Bellevue
The Commodity/Accounting Description (limit 40 characters) field also displays on the remittance (check stub), which helps the vendor to apply payments correctly.
Users may continue to enter additional item text (click Options, Item Text at the FPAREQN Commodity/Accounting window) as necessary.
19. Verify item text (if applicable) by clicking Options, Item Text (FOAPOXT) from the menu bar to access the Procurement Text Entry FOAPOXT window.
20. Perform a Next Block function to view text and change if necessary.
21. Save the text by pressing F10. The auto hint line may display message that there are no changes to save.
22. Click the Exit icon to return to the Vendor Information window.
23. Perform a Next Block function to continue to the FOAPAL accounting block at the bottom of the window.
Commodity/Accounting Window (Accounting Block)
24. Verify the FOAPAL information and dollar amount. Change if necessary.
25. Perform a Next Block function or click the Balancing/Completion tab.
26. Verify that the Status column indicates BALANCED and click Complete.