- Accounting & Financial Reporting
- Accounts Payable
- Auxiliary Services
- Business Services
- Contract Approval Process
- Doing Business with Saint Louis University
- eProcurement System
- Exclusive University Business Partners
- Hotel Accommodations
- Master Vendor Form Instructions
- P-Card Policies and Procedures
- Photocopy Equipment Acquisition
- Purchasing FAQ
- Purchasing Policies and Procedures
- Selecting a Vendor
- Sole Source Form
- Vendor Discounts for Personal Purchases
- Vendor List: University
- Vendor List: Medical
- Vendor Performance Feedback Form
- Vendor Programs
- Vendor Requirements
- Year End Processing
- Fiscal Year End Process
- FY18 Purchase Requisitions
- Year End Requisitioning Procedures
- Copying a Requisition
- Fiscal Year End Processing Checklist
- P-Card Charges for FY17 and FY18
- Year End Calendar
- Split-Run Coding
- Budget Roll Process
- Deferred Charges
- Contact Business Services
- Card Programs
- Central Processing Center
- Employee Reimbursement
- Financial Commitment
- Financial Planning & Budget
- Financial Services
- Parking and Card Services
- Real Estate
- Risk Management & Insurance
- Treasury & Investments
- Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Year End Requisitioning Procedures
Requisitioning Procedures for Fiscal Year End
To ensure that new year purchase orders are available for use by July 1, purchase requisitions may now be processed against the new fiscal year. During the month of June, requisitions may be processed against either FY 2017 or FY 2018.
Effective June 12, Billiken Buy will be available for the processing of new year requisitions. Please see the following instructions for processing purchase requisitions during fiscal year end.
Fiscal Year: The Banner Transaction Date determines the fiscal year to which the requisition is recorded. The transaction date is determined by the Valid From date for Billiken Buy blanket orders and by the Financial Year indicator for Billiken Buy Standard and Retrofit orders.
The Financial Year indicator defaults to FY17 in June and should not be changed unless the user is creating a new fiscal year requisition. For goods/services to be delivered by June 30, 2017, let the Financial Year indicator default to FY17. For FY 2018 blanket orders and other orders to be delivered on or after July 1, 2017, change the Financial Year indicator to FY18. In addition, for FY18 blanket orders, enter a Valid From date of 7/1/2017 and a Valid To date of 6/30/2018.
See below for important tips on entering blanket and standard orders.
Please note that the Commitment Offices will disapprove requisitions created in the incorrect fiscal year or requisitions that have incorrect/incomplete information. If the requisition is declined, buyers will need to copy the requisition and resubmit.
FY 2018 Blanket Orders:
The create blanket order role is available to Buyers in Billiken Buy. Please see the Blanket Order Guide for a description of how blanket orders are used in Billiken Buy and detailed instructions for creating blanket orders.
Key blanket order fields are as follows:
- Name - enter text identifying the fiscal year (for non-grant 3xxxxx funds), that this is a blanket order, Banner fund number (this may be helpful if your department has multiple blankets with the same vendor), and nature of the purchase; sample text:
FY18 Blanket Order Office Supplies
FY18 Blanket 2XXXXX Office Supplies
Blanket 3XXXXX Office Supplies
- Description - Reference the previous FY standing/blanket order # and any applicable account numbers with the vendor in the Description field. If a previous fiscal year PO is not available, please indicate so by including "N/A" or "No prior year SO" in this field.
- Valid From/To - The Valid From date determines the fiscal year to which the transaction (purchase order) is recorded in Banner
FY18 Blanket Orders - Valid From date should be 7/1/2017 and the Valid To date 6/30/2018
GRANT FY18 Blanket Orders - Valid From date should be 7/1/2017 and the Valid To date the end date of the grant (can extend end date of the blanket in the future, if necessary)
- Financial Year - defaults to Fiscal Year 2017 in June - change to Fiscal Year 2018
- Available To - enter Billiken Buy users who are authorized to create release orders or approve invoices against the blanket order
For catalog vendors, include all Buyers who will designate releases against the blanket order. For non-catalog vendors, include all users who will review and approve invoices against the blanket.
- Send to Supplier - system default is NO; check the box if the supplier requires a copy of the blanket order.
- Hide Amount from Supplier - system default is YES; uncheck the box to make the information available to the supplier
- Alert Amount/Alert Date - enter the amount and date when the creator of blanket order will be alerted that action is required
- Justification - if the Blanket order is bid or sole-source applicable, enter any applicable sole sources electronically into the Justification type field and bids as justification attachments
When you copy a FY17 PO or blanket PO, the justification attachments (bids) and sole source information will also copy. Update any bids/sole source to make sure the information is current and make sure the fiscal year is changed to FY18.
- Org Unit - should agree with the FOAPAL org
The Create Blanket Order screen does not have a field for Delivery Notes. Delivery notes can be entered on the individual release orders.
You can copy a blanket order if you are the buyer. The Valid From and Valid To dates will need to be re-entered. Select the correct Financial Year.
FY18 Standard (Non-Blanket) Orders
For FY18 non-blanket purchases where the order needs to be placed in June to ensure delivery in early July, change the financial year field to "Fiscal Year 18"
The Financial Year field determines the fiscal year to which the purchase order is recorded. This feature is for requisitions entered in June where the goods are to be delivered July 1 or later. The PO will be established in the new fiscal year.
The Financial Year field defaults to Fiscal Year 2017 in the month of June. Select Fiscal Year 2017 for standard orders where delivery is expected by June 30, 2017. Select Fiscal Year 2018 for standard orders where delivery is expected July 1st, 2017 or later.
Increase FY17 Blanket Orders
Buyers must increase their blanket orders by June 23, 2017, if they anticipate additional expenses over the FY17 blanket order remaining balance. A Standard Retrofit order will need to be entered if the blanket PO does not have sufficient balance.
Close FY17 Billiken Buy Purchase Orders with Remaining Balance
Standard Orders - Send an email to email@example.com to close any open standard purchase orders with a remaining balance.
Blanket Orders - Blankets with a remaining balance must be brought to $0 (edit amount - decrease function) by the Buyer by June 30th, 2017. Decreasing a blanket order will warn users of any existing release orders and invoices allocated to the blanket. If you would like to close out your blanket, you can set the new amount to $0 or to the amount that has already been drawn out of the blanket to set the remaining available balance to $0.
When zeroing out an FY17 blanket to release the funds in Banner, all users listed in the "Available To" field will receive email notifications for each blanket change order. No further action is required.
For FY17 Billiken Buy blankets with remaining balance where Buyer is no longer employed by SLU, email BillikenBuyAdmin@slu.edu to zero out blanket.
Commitment Office/Business Services Approval of FY18 Requisitions
The Commitment Offices and Business Services will hold FY18 blanket and standard orders and approve on or around June 28. The PO's will be generated to the supplier upon final approval.
Enter the actual date received for orders $250 or greater, or those set for manual receiving. CPC-Accounts Payable reviews reports for orders received/not invoiced and orders invoiced/not received, and will follow up as necessary.
Billiken Buy transactions are Commodity level. Users authorized to view fund activity in Banner/Cognos will see each "IU" invoice line item on the Operating Ledger Query in BSS or the Cognos BUSFM003 Report of Transactions.
To see the blanket PO number for invoice transactions in Cognos, select Cognos BUSFM003 Report of Transactions - Excel. Under Additional Parameters choose Report Type "Blanket PO". Enter other parameters as usual and click Run Report. The blanket and release PO number for each invoice transaction will display in Column "L". The release PO number will also display in Column "K".
Transactions roll up by "IU" invoice number (discount, if applicable, appears as second line item) if the user runs the Cognos BUSFM003 Report of Transactions - Excel and selects "Blanket PO Summary" under the Report Type parameter: