- Accounting & Financial Reporting
- Accounts Payable
- Auxiliary Services
- Business Services
- Card Programs
- Amex Procurement Card (P-Card)
- Agreement for Use of P-Card
- Items to Remember Before Using your P-Card
- Manuals and Tutorials for P-Card
- Policies and Procedures for P-Card
- Program Procedures
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Non-Compliance Policy
- Suggested Purchases
- Prohibited Purchases
- Missing Documentation Form
- Key Contacts
- P-Card Check-in/Check-out Charge Detail Form
- Grant Procurement Card (GP-Card)
- Amex Travel and Entertainment Card (T&E Card)
- Concur Travel and Expense
- Contact Card Programs
- Central Processing Center
- Employee Reimbursement
- Financial Commitment
- Financial Planning & Budget
- Financial Services
- Parking and Card Services
- Real Estate
- Risk Management & Insurance
- Treasury & Investments
- Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Procurement Card Policies and Procedures
The Procurement Card (P-Card) Program is designed to provide an efficient way to procure business-related goods and services. Under this program, qualified purchases can be charged directly to the P-Card. All P-Card transactions are billed centrally to the University and paid directly to the card-sponsoring bank. Those individuals purchasing small dollar goods for the University are expected to be primary users of the P-Card.
The P-Card program transfers purchasing capability directly to the cardholder within limits determined by existing policies and the cardholder's department head/business manager. Rather than require a purchase requisition and purchase order or a check requisition, the P-Card enables departments to quickly and conveniently purchase goods and services directly from any vendor that accepts American Express. In addition, the P-Card does not affect the cardholder's personal credit.
Participation in the P-Card program is a convenience that also carries responsibilities. Although the card may be issued in individuals' names, it is University property and consequently, no personal purchases may be made using the P-Card. All University policies and procedures related to procurement should be followed.
All cardholders are required to read the Procurement Card Policies & Procedures and complete a tutorial prior to receiving their card. Cardholders must also have an active University e-mail address. Contact the Program Administrator @ firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Non-compliance with the program's policies and procedures or fraudulent use of the P-Card will result in suspension of P-Card privileges and, in some cases, may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination and/or legal action.