Amex P-Card Policies and Procedures
Individuals given Procurement Card access by the University and their departments are held accountable for all transactions related to their card. Consequences for misuse of the P-Card are serious, and may include card suspension, card revocation, disciplinary action, employment termination and legal action.
The following responsibilities, while not all-inclusive, are critical and must be followed by all cardholders & approvers:
- 100% review and approval of all P-Card Transactions in the online Recon tool.
- Using the P-Card for personal purchases is not permitted under any circumstances.
- Ensures that Sales Tax is not applied to P-Card transactions.
- Comments stating business purpose should be entered for every transaction.
- Using the P-card for Prohibited Purchases is not permitted.
- Ensures a receipt exists for every purchase.
- Submit P-card Transaction Details and back up receipts within two weeks when requested for audit.
- Account codes are correct for the expense.
- Payments to SLU should not be on P-card.
- Ensures no split transactions occur.
- Failure to successfully follow the above listed policies and any additional policies listed in this manual will result in the following penalties:
- First Offense: Warning
- Second Offense: 30-day suspension of card privileges
- Third Offense: New card holder for the department