- Accounting & Financial Reporting
- Accounts Payable
- Auxiliary Services
- Business Services
- Card Programs
- Central Processing Center
- Employee Reimbursement
- Financial Commitment
- Financial Planning & Budget
- Financial Services
- Account Codes
- Commonly Misused Account Codes
- Banner Finance Access
- Banner Finance FAQ's
- Banner Finance Help and Hours
- Banner Finance Manuals and Tutorials
- Finance Transaction Correction
- Fund Request Form
- FOIDOCH (Document History) Form in INB
- INB Forms/SSB Queries Quicklist
- Org Hierarchy
- Report BUSFM001: Statement of Account and Report BUSFM003: Report of Transactions
- Year End Processing
- Contact Financial Services
- Parking and Card Services
- Real Estate
- Risk Management & Insurance
- Treasury & Investments
- Wire Transfer Request
- Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Banner Finance Access
Access to Banner Finance may be requested by University employees requiring on-line financial information to fulfill institutional management or operational responsibilities. Database access is not a right, but rather a privilege based on University policies and procedures designed to protect the use, confidentiality, privacy and security of institutional and personal information. Existence of a database does not imply access is generally available or that a request will be approved. Access is approved subject to specific institutional guidelines, "need-to-know" requirements, and data inquiry/update restrictions.
For security reasons, access to funds in Banner Finance is controlled by the hierarchical ownership of funds which permits authorized access to specific funds at various levels within the University's organization according to the executive level, school/division, department or sub-department linked to the fund. For example, access granted at the school/division level permits access to all funds assigned to the particular school/division. Access granted at the department level is more restrictive, permitting access only to those funds assigned to a particular department.
Important: It is the department administrator's responsibility to notify the Banner Finance security officer when a department employee with Banner Finance access leaves the department or no longer needs access due to a job change. Contact Lisa Zoia immediately regarding system access changes.
To request Banner Finance access: click on the IT Service Request icon on the mySLU Tools tab. Click Accounts & Access, and then University Security Access Request.
- SLU Net ID+: Enter the employee's username and press the Tab key.
- Type of request: Check the appropriate box to indicate New User, Change to Existing Access, or Delete User.
- Screen/Access Type: check appropriate box; PROD is the Production system.
- Authorized Approver Information: Enter the SLUNet ID (username) of the authorized approver and press the Enter key.
- Finance Tab: Check all boxes that are appropriate for the requestor's job responsibilities. In addition, list organization(s) and/or funds that the user may access.
- Click Submit Request (located to the right of the Finance tab)
- The Banner Finance security manager is notified via e-mail of the request, and will obtain additional approvals, as necessary. After processing the request, the security manager notifies the authorized approver.