This form is to be utilized for all non-payroll transaction corrections. Please refer to University Policy and Procedures for additional information, if needed.
When completing this form, please type or print the requested information.
- Department: Enter the name of the department or sub-department submitting the correction request.
- Date: Enter the date that the form is completed.
- Fund: Enter the six-digit fund number of each line for the transaction. Note: Each transaction will have two lines, one for the fund charged (debit), and one for the fund credited (credit).
- Account: Enter the six-digit account code for each line of the transaction. If using travel account codes (739xxx), you must enter a Trip # as the first entry in the "Transaction Reference".
- Activity Code: Enter the six-digit activity code for each line for the transaction, if applicable. Note: This field is optional.
- Description: Enter the description of the transaction that appears on the Banner Finance document list or in the monthly reports generated by Banner Finance.
- Transaction Date: Enter the date that matches the above noted description for the transaction. (MMDDYY format).
- Transaction Reference: Enter the eight-digit document code as shown on the Banner Finance document list or in the monthly reports generated by Banner Finance. Note: Enter the Trip # first, if applicable. See "Account" above.
- Debit Amount: Enter the dollar amount of the fund/account to be charged by the transaction correction. Note: Total debits must equal total credits.
- Credit Amount: Enter the dollar amount of the fund/account to be corrected by the transaction correction. Note: Total debits must equal total credits.
- Reason for Transaction Correction: A justification for the transaction correction must be stated. Examples of acceptable justifications include correction of data entry errors and reallocation of expenses to reflect actual usage. Transaction corrections not appropriately justified will be returned to the originating department. A transaction correction to utilize unexpended grant budget funds is not an acceptable justification.
- Approvals: Obtain required approvals according to University and departmental policies and forward to CPC-Financial Commitment or the Medical Center Finance Office for review and approval. Upon approval, Finance Transaction Correction forms are forwarded to Accounting for processing.