Saint Louis University

Automobile Insurance Cards

If you are renting or driving a vehicle on University sponsored business and require evidence of insurance coverage you must first complete a Motor Vehicle License Registration Check (MVLRC) and receive approval.

To complete a MVLRC please click HERE

St. Louis University reserves the right to ensure that all drivers of SLU have reasonable driving records and will only authorize drivers based upon this reference check.



  •  Status: valid



Any one or more of the following may disqualify an individual from being authorized to drive for SLU:

  • Status: suspended
  • Drug-related conviction in past five years
  • Felony involving a  motor vehicle in past five years
  • Three or more moving violations in past three years
  • Two or more moving violations within the past 12 months
  • Driving While Intoxicated or Blood Alcohol Content conviction in past five years
  • Revoked or suspended license in past three years


Once the MVLRC is completed you may contact Risk Management at 314-977-3952 to obtain a copy of the insurance card. Please allow 3 business days for processing prior to your travel date.

Departments are responsible for the first $1,000.00 of damage on all automobile claims in which the University makes a payment. 

If a Department is involved in an automobile accident with a third party, and it is an at fault accident of the University Department, the Department is responsible for the first $1,000.00 of damage to the departments vehicle as well as the first $1,000.00 of damage to the third party's vehicle. 

The University prohibits the use and/or rental of vans with a wheel base greater than 138 inches.  No exceptions to this policy will be made.    


Higher purpose. Greater good.
© 1818 - 2016  SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY   |   Disclaimer   |  Mobile Site
St. Louis   |   Madrid