The Audit Director and staff of University Audit Services are authorized to:
- Have unrestricted access to all functions, records, property, and personnel.
- Have full and unencumbered access to the Audit Committee.
- Allocate resources, set frequencies, select subjects, determine scopes of work, and apply the techniques required to accomplish audit objectives.
- Obtain the necessary assistance of personnel in areas of Saint Louis University where they perform audits, as well as other specialized services from within or outside Saint Louis University.
The Audit Director and staff of University Audit Services are not authorized to:
- Perform any operational duties for Saint Louis University.
- Initiate or approve accounting transactions external to University Audit Services.
- Direct the activities of any organization employee not employed by University Audit Services, except to the extent such employees have been appropriately assigned to auditing teams or to otherwise assist the internal auditors.