Loss of income due to breast cancer and its treatment can lead to financial strain on women and families. The Bridging the Gap Emergency Breast Cancer Fund helps support families in the St. Louis region while they focus on treatment, healing and recovery. The program is funded by the St. Louis affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and administered by Saint Louis University Cancer Center.
Financial assistance of up to $800 a year for emergency household expenses is available for applicants who:
- Currently receive active breast cancer treatment
- Reside in one of the following counties currently served by the Susan G. Komen for the Cure St. Louis Affiliate:
- Missouri: St. Louis City, St. Louis County, Jefferson, Franklin, St. Charles, Warren, Montgomery, Lincoln, Washington, Ste. Genevieve, St. Francois, Madison, Perry
- Illinois: Clinton, Madison, Monroe, St. Clair
- Have exhausted other available resources
- Have household income that does not exceed 350 percent of the federal poverty guidelines (click here for a PDF containing the most recent guidelines)
Please click here for a downloadable PDF of the application. Applications and screenings must come from a social worker or other healthcare professional on behalf of the applicant. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. It is our goal to respond quickly and compassionately to all requests.
For referrals, please contact Ann Fronek O'Connell, MSW, LCSW, at (314) 268-7093 or email@example.com.
For more information about the Bridging the Gap Emergency Breast Cancer Fund, please call (314) 268-7093 or fax (314) 268-7051.