What To Expect From A Counseling Appointment
Our professionally trained Career Development Specialists are able to listen, support, and guide you through the career decision-making, job search and/or graduate school application process and help you find the best resources to meet those needs.
A Career Development Specialist will not tell you what you should do, but will provide guidance to assist you as you figure out your personal career goals. Meeting with a Career Development Specialist can help you with the following:
- Explore your interests, personality, skills, abilities and values
- Understand your unique talents
- Discover answers to your career or major related questions
- Research questions about careers under consideration
- Develop decision-making skills
- Discover obstacles hindering your carer decision-making process
- Develop job-search and interviewing skills
- Discover if graduate school is the next step and learn the application procedures
How To Set Up Appointments
Call our front desk. You will be asked a few questions such as your major, year in school, phone number and reason for your visit (career decision-making, resume review, interviewing, graduate school). (314) 977-2828
How Long Do Appointments Last? How Many Visits Are Involved?
Appointments vary from 30-50 minutes. The number of appointments varies from person to person. It is based on that person's unique needs. If one or more assessments are involved then multiple appointments will be the norm.