- Handshake - New Career Services Database
Employer Terms & Conditions Policy
Employer usage of CareerLink is limited to employment/recruiting purposes only.
Registered employers must comply with all Federal, State, and Local laws and established Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity regulations and guidelines. Career Services reserves the right for any or no reason to deny access to any employer, and also reserves the right to refuse and/or edit job postings as deemed warranted by the University in the University's sole and absolute discretion. Employers may contact students for recruiting/employment purposes only. The selling or soliciting of goods and/or services to students via this database or information obtained from this source is not allowed. Student contact that is deemed unprofessional by Career Services will not be tolerated, and the offending employer may be permanently blocked from usage. All job/internship postings must accurately reflect the actual duties of the opportunity and ambiguous postings may be refused.
Third Party Recruiters: Third party employment services are companies, agencies, organizations, or individuals recruiting candidates for employment opportunities at companies or locations other than their own. Among other things, all third party employment services must comply with the following:
1. Third party employment services must follow the same policies and procedures established for company recruiters including, without limitation, full compliance with Federal, State, and Local laws and established Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity regulations and guidelines.
2. Third party employment services must submit a written statement from an authorized official of each client company for whom they are recruiting. This statement should indicate that the third party recruiter is an official representative of the employer, authorized to recruit for the position(s) indicated, and should be printed on client company letterhead.
3. Third party employment services may recruit only for clients they represent and have registered with this office. Candidates' names and/or resumes obtained for a job opening may not be used for subsequent job openings or for solicitation of employer clients (unless specific arrangements have been initiated and agreed to by the candidates.) No fees may be charged to the candidate.
4. Third party employment services are not given full access to CareerLink, but they may send job announcements to the Career Services office for posting in the database. These announcements must clearly indicate that candidates will be working through a third party. Career Services can neither endorse, nor recommend, any third party employment service.
EEOC Statement: The Management of Saint Louis University views Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity as a major policy commitment and as an important management goal. Thus, it is our policy that all employers working through Career Services will recruit, hire, train, promote and in all ways provide fair treatment on the basis of the merit without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.