The Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies Annual Lecture was inaugurated in 1993 by Jaroslav Pelikan of Yale University. Since then it has featured a wide variety of the most distinguished scholars in the world working in the fields of medieval and early modern studies. Traditionally, the CMRS Annual Lecture is held in November. It is always free and open to the public.
The following is an incomplete list of past CMRS Annual Lectures.
- 2015: Constance Brittain Bouchard, University of Akron
- 2014: Patrick Geary, Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton
- 2013: Lester K. Little, Smith College
- 2012: Richard Kieckhefer, Northwestern University
- 2011: Robert Somerville, Columbia University
- 2010: David Lyle Jeffrey, Baylor University
- 2009: Robert C. Davis, The Ohio State University
- 2008: Jodi Bilinkoff, University of North Carolina, Greensboro
- 1996: Eamon Duffy, Cambridge University
- 1993: Jaroslav Pelikan, Yale University